Here are ten yoga fundraiser ideas where you can put yoga to work for a good cause. The whole idea of a yoga fundraiser is to tap that strong community spirit in a fun way to help your cause.
There are a number of different ways that you can incorporate yoga into a fundraiser:
- Give yoga lessons – You can teach individuals and small groups to raise funds for another fundraising event, such as Relay For Life.
- Hold a yoga competition – Everyone likes to show off their skills so give them a chance along with positive feedback, recognition, awards, etc.
- Yoga in an exotic locale – Many ways to go about this one, such as a yoga flash mob, beach at dawn, area resort, state park, city square, local landmark, etc.
- Family yoga day – Make your event fun for the whole family by offering family lessons, introductory lessons, senior lessons, toddler lessons, etc.
- Yoga-thon fundraiser – Host 24 hours of classes on a weekend in various Yoga disciplines. Add in silent auctions, raffles, bake sales and anything else that fits.
- Yoga for pets – People love their pets and a day of play raises money and does everyone good. Downward For The Dogs can be a fun event to do in a public park.
- Yoga in the park – A mass assemblage of yoga devotees all in one beautiful spot can be a very positive force for social change. Karma is Action.
- Yoga raffle – Sell raffle chances for a totally Yoga-themed set of prizes. Do it as a reverse raffle (last ticket picked wins top prize) and have a nice fun event on raffle drawing day.
- Yoga workshop – Much like Family Day, but geared toward excellent teaching well beyond the beginner level. The best teachers attract big crowds.
- Yoga auction – Similar to the raffle, but you gear everything around a live auction format at a big event. Or, you can also do this as an online auction with the right connections.
And that’s a wrap for our list of 10 innovative yoga fundraiser ideas!