Organic vegetable seeds are another good fundraiser product to sell in the Spring through an order-taker brochure. An organic seeds fundraiser fits right in with the trend of growing your own veggies in your backyard for higher quality food that is pesticide free. That makes this a great fundraising idea for schools, church groups, and youth sports teams.
Selling organic seeds is just like selling any other type of fundraising product. One key is reaching large amounts of people at the right time of year and then efficiently delivering their orders. The other key is finding the right fundraising supplier and High Mowing Seeds has been offering 100% organic seeds for fundraising since 1996.
Organic Seeds Fundraiser Advantages
- Offers 50% to 60% profit margins
- No shipping charge means more profit
- Not selling a candy product
- Seed packages retail for just $2.75 each
- No charge for sales brochures
- Offers 25 easy-to-grow organic seed varieties
Raise More Funds Selling Organic Seeds Combo Packs
Another great way to take your fundraising up a notch is to also use the sales brochure listing combo packages of various seed groupings. Selling these seed bundles will easily increase the size of your average sale and you’ll definitely raise more money that way. Here are some details on the available combo packs:
- A Bee’s Garden – Attract beneficial insects with dill, fennel, sage, calendula, and cosmos flowers.
- Container Garden – A 10-pack of organic seeds for growing vegetables on your porch in containers.
- Garden Starter – Another 10-pack featuring the most popular starter seed packs.
- Heirloom Vegetable Lovers – A 10-pack of classic heirloom seed varieties.
- Kids Garden – A 5-pack of sunflower, pumpkin, carrot, pole bean, and nasturtium seeds.
- Kitchen Herbs – A -5pack of dill, parsley, basil, cilantro, and thyme for windowsills or garden planting.
- Easy Salad Greens – A 3-pack of gourmet lettuce, arugula, and spinach.
- Summer Of Sunflowers – A 3-pack grouping of giant sunflower seeds.
- Three Sisters – Another 3-pack featuring corn, beans, and squash which can all be grown close together.
- Winter Garden – A 5-pack of cold-hardy varieties includes lettuce, kale, arugula, spinach, and radish seeds.
So, if you’re looking for something different to sell this year to raise funds, selling organic seeds as your fundraising product is a good move. The product has good customer appeal, healthy profit margins, and an easy sales angle.
Fundraising Product Sales Tips
Be sure to read our fundraising product sales tips articles which show the best way to ask for a sale. In a nutshell, here is how you do it in two simple sentences:
- Smile an make eye contact
- Introduce yourself and your group
- Ask for their help
- Use the word “because” as a psychological trigger
- Explain why you are raising funds
- Be quiet and wait for a response
- If they say no, ask for a donation instead.
- Either way, always say thank you.
Example: “Hi, I’m Jessica Doe with the high school marching band. Can you help us out with our fundraiser because we’re offering organic garden seeds at great prices.”
And that’s how you ask for an order for any type of fundraising product. Combine that sales script with your organic seeds fundraiser and you truly will raise a lot more money.