It’s Friday, so here’s another look at fun fundraising ideas that other groups are doing around the country. Check out these unique and fun fundraisers from schools, churches and non-profit organizations that are willing to be a little more creative in their approach to raising funds.
Check out this week’s Top 10 fun fundraiser ideas (in no particular order):
- Hooray For Hollywood – Women’s Community fundraiser in Wasau, Wisconsin breaks fundraising record with $57,000 total form Hollywood-themed annual fundraiser event. The dinner with live and silent auctions also did especially well this year with corporate sponsorships.
- Casino Night Fundraiser – An annual Casino Night fundraising event in Barre, Vermont raises $40,000 to help 88 local families with autistic children pay for therapeutic activities.
- SleepOut for Shelter – Non-profit group in Lake County, Illinois switches from fundraising walk to having people sleep out overnight in cardboard boxes at the local high school football field to raise $75,000 to help the homeless.
- Golf Classic & Speakeasy Club – Huge charity event in Miami, Florida to raise funds for rare genetic disease research. Golf tournament tickets are $275 each and Twenties theme Speakeasy Club dinner is $150 a ticket. Live and silent auctions and huge amount of corporate sponsorships.
- Zumbathon Fundraiser – Personal fundraising event for a woman in Mt. Pleasant, Pennsylvania who is battling melanoma. Raising funds with ticket sales to a Zumba exercise class, Chinese auction of sixty gift baskets and a 50/50 raffle.
- Texas Hold ’em Poker Tournament Fundraiser – Hosted by Tennessee Titan’s punter Brett Kern, the charity poker tournament and silent auction offers winners prizes like one year of Chick-fil-A and restaurant gift cards.
- Night At The Races Fundraiser – Another fun fundraising idea with real life “Night At The Races” fundraiser at Meadowlands Racetrack in New Jersey with $100 tickets to benefit the Hudson County Community College Foundation.
- Viva Las Vegas Fundraiser – A Vegas-themed event to benefit the Fremont, California Symphony Orchestra. Event tickets are $100 with both live and silent auctions.
- Take Me Out To The Ball Game Charity Event – Boston, Massachusetts area Rotary clubs hold baseball fundraiser to fund recreational program for disabled people. Event features fun sports activities, beer tasting, and both live and silent auctions.
- Chocolate de Vine Fundraiser – Event raises $75,000 for the Santa Barbara, California Rape Crisis Center with an upscale wine tasting and sampling decadent chocolate desserts at booths featuring pastry chefs from local restaurants and gourmet chocalatiers.
Hope you enjoyed this week’s look at fun fundraising ideas and events from across the country. Words to live and love by: “You have never really lived until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”