If you want to raise funds and don’t have a lot of money, here are several lists of ideas for free fundraisers to get you started. These free fundraising ideas are easy to do, don’t require a lot of volunteers, and produce quick results.
The lists are grouped into event ideas, party themes, raffles, and fundraising product sales. All of them are effective ways to raise money, so select one that fits your style and get started.
Free Fundraising Event Ideas
- Scavenger Hunt – Loads of fun for everyone.
- Singing Contest – Everyone loves to hear themselves sing.
- Skills Auction – Auction of “how to” training or task completion.
- Date Night – Fun fundraising idea for singles.
- Bowling Fundraiser – Organize a tournament.
- Talent Show – Wide-ranging show case and competition.
- Celebrity Spelling Bee – Local media celebs compete.
- Fashion Show – Women’s fashions, bridal fashions, teen fashions, etc.
- Yoga-thon – Yoga lessons and classes.
- Bingo Night – Always fun for everyone.
Fundraiser Party Themes
- Bunco Fundraiser – Great in-home party theme.
- Karaoke Night – The next American Idol, or not.
- Garden Party – Can be elegant or dirty (hands-on wit the dirt).
- Costume Party – Everybody loves to play dress up.
- Mardi Gras – Let it all hang out.
- Skating Party – Roller skate or ice skate.
- Beach Party – Beach bash, clambake, Margaritaville, etc.
- Secret Agent Theme – The name is Bond, James Bond.
- Toga Party – Go Greek!
- Tea Party – Think Mad Hatter, not fringe Republicans.
Fundraiser Raffle Ideas
- Cash Raffle – Cash from ticket sales becomes prize money.
- Cash Calendar – Calendar sale with cash raffle ticket included.
- Car Raffle – Big fundraiser, but must sell lots of tickets.
- Reverse Raffle – Last ticket drawn wins.
- Grocery Shopping Spree Raffle – Chance to fill two shopping carts in 10 minutes.
- Re-gifting Raffle – Great fun because everyone has something to regift.
- Skills Raffle – I haz skills and no how to use them.
- Date Raffle – Fun for single mingles.
- Slave Raffle – Auction people off for charity fun.
- Cow Chip Raffle – Sectioned off field squares sold as raffle chances.
Fundraising Product Ideas
- Cupcakes – Make it a tasting contest.
- Cookies – Best recipe competition.
- Bake Sale – Traditional, yet still effective.
- Spaghetti Dinner – Give it a fun name like Spaghetti-thon.
- Pancake Breakfast – People flip for flapjacks. Sell ads on place mats.
- Homemade Craft Items – For the Etsy/Pinterest DIY folks. Can make it a “how to” as well.
- Flowers – Its Springtime and I feel the need for seeds.
- Garden Supplies – Take orders for mulch, pine straw, and other gardening needs.
- Fundraising Bracelets – Custom silicone bracelets for your cause.
- Magazine Subscriptions – Lots of money in this one.
Each of these free fundraiser ideas has worked well for other groups. Choose one based on how many people are participating and how many potential supporters you can reach.
Good luck with your free fundraisers!