Here are several lists of fundraising ideas for churches and church youth groups, with an emphasis on unique event ideas that church groups of any size can easily organize. The more fun and unique your church fundraising event ideas are, the more people that will want to attend and the more money you will raise.
As with all fundraising events, advance planning and event promotion are key to your success. These ideas are all fairly easy to do and should produce excellent results.
Church Holiday Event Ideas
- Christmas Fair & Pageant – Create the proper spectacle of His birth.
- Easter Festival – Celebration of the Resurrection.
- Lent-A-Palooza – A fun twist of the start of Lent.
- All Saints Day Dinner Dance – For adults who’ve endured too much Halloween.
- St. Patrick’s Day Festival – Fun family celebration of Ireland’s patron saint.
Food Related Church Events
- Church Feastival – A cornucopia of good food.
- Barbecue Fundraiser – Battle of the Pitmasters.
- Chili Cookoff – Hottest chili contest with celebrity judges.
- Cupcakes For Christ – Modern twist on the classic bake sale.
- Food Truck Rodeo – Host multiple food truck competition.
- 5k Run/Walk – A “Run For The Son” fundraising event.
- Bike Ride – Charity bike ride with supporter pledges. Sell “Bikers For Jesus” t-shirts.
- Rocking Chair Marathon – Something everyone can do as part of a team effort.
- Over The Edge Fundraiser – Rappel down the side of a skyscraper to raise funds.
- World Record Attempt – These unique fundraising events draw huge crowds.
Entertainment Fundraising Events
- Church Carnival – Big outdoor event with mechanical rides or just a fun picnic with music.
- Mystery Dinner Theater – Classic who-dunnit murder mystery acted out during catered dinner.
- Miniature Golf Tournament – Clean family fun with a little competition added in.
- Bingo Night – Old-timey, but still very popular as a fun social get-together.
- Christian Film Festival – Can do individual film showings or an entire weekend of noteworthy Christian films.
Church Youth Group Fundraising Event Ideas
- Karaoke Night – Singing contest ala American Idol or just a fun night of singing and listening.
- Talent Show – Everyone loves to demonstrate their skills. All they need is a place to do it.
- Hunger Games Fundraiser – Costumed contestants compete at archery, eating weird food, completing obstacle course, and mental challenges. Scalable to any size event.
- Sci-Fi Costume Party – Choose any theme for your costume party and make it a fun event for teens and young adults.
- Golf Balls From Above – Raffle off chances for winning closest to the hole golf ball after they are dropped from a helicopter.
Church Fundraising Event Profit Tips
- Silent auctions – A must for any fundraiser event.
- Raffles – Cash prize raffles require no advance funds.
- Food & Drink Sales – Sell tickets for the food and drink choices.
- Photo Ops – Use photographer to take great pictures for sale or just offer family portraits.
- T-shirt sales – Themed t-shirts can raise significant funds at larger events.
- Pizza discount cards – Two-for-one pizza cards sell for $10 with $9 profit.
Hope you enjoyed these church fundraising event ideas. Remember to emphasize the fun and get lots of advance publicity. Use social media to promote online and ask church members to retweet, repost, and like your event so all their friends will hear about your church event.