A great way to raise more funds at your next charity auction event is to include consignment items in your live or silent auction. The major advantage is that you can raise more money without any risk because consignment items that don’t sell have no risk or obligation to pay.
Auction consignment items for charity are the best way to double or even triple your non-profit auction results. Obviously, if you’re only doing a silent auction at a school, then you probably won’t get much interest in an African safari vacation trip or a Master’s Tournament golf package. That doesn’t mean that there aren’t plenty of good things you can offer at a school silent auction though, such as hot air balloon rides or sports memorabilia.
What you need to do is select auction items that will appeal to your target audience in a price range appropriate for your live or silent auction. Here’s a sampling of some of the consignment items available from different auction consignment companies and sites.
- Hot Air Balloon Rides – FundraisingRides.org offers hot air balloon ride packages in 200 cities across the country. Everything you need to offer several different hot air balloon rides is included in their silent auction package, which you can print out online or have mailed to you.
- Vacation Rentals – Geronimo.com provides vacation rental packages in resort destinations for use as live or silent auction consignment items. You can include up to four vacation rentals in your live or silent auction. Your group keeps 50% of the winning bid amount and the company handles everything else.
- Autographed Memorabilia – CharityFundraisingPackages.com offers one-of-a-kind autographed celebrity, music, sports and political memorabilia, VIP experiences and vacation packages for your non-profit fundraising events and silent auctions at zero-risk to your organization.
- Travel Packages – CharityWorks.net offers hundreds of items, icluding Travel & Vacation Packages, Signed Celebrity and Sports Memorabilia, Jewelry, Fine Art & Prints, and Imported Glassware. You select a minimum of 6 auction items with no risk or upfront cost. Also offers professional auctioneer services in many areas.
- Getaways – ReadySetAuction.com offers hundreds of destination getaway packages. There is no limit to the number of JumpStart packages you sell during your auction. In fact, you can sell the same package multiple times if you choose.
- Music – AllStarEnterprizes.biz provides music, sports, and historical memorabilia for charity auctions with no risk or upfront costs. They have a wide selection of autographed pictures, guitars, art, NASCAR, college and pro sports memorabilia, and a downloadable catalog featuring 3,000 items.
- Sports Memorabilia – SportsAuctions4Charity.com offers a Gold Auction plan where they provide risk-free auction consignment items or a Platinum Auction package where they run the entire auction for you while providing the items to sell. Auction item categories include Sports, Golf, Hollywood, Historical, and Music.
- Adventures – WinspireMe.com provides 200 different adventure experiences for charity auctions and knowledgeable event consultants who help you pick the right set of experiences for your audience. Every dollar you raise above the package price goes straight to your non-profit organization. Items that are especially popular can be sold multiple times, either during or after the event.
- Once In A Lifetime Experiences – BlueTreeMarketing.com provides over 400 “Once-in-a-Lifetime Experiences,” like trips to the Masters Golf Tournament, tickets to the Super Bowl or VIP vacation packages to Napa Valley, Disney World or even Paris. They even ship you all the display materials for no charge and cover return shipping for any item that doesn’t sell.
A few things you need to pay attention to when contracting for auction consignment items:
- Fees – Make sure your group is not responsible for any fees for items that don’t sell.
- Contract language – Its worthwhile to have a lawyer review the contract language for the consignment of the auction items and any other services provided, particularly if there is a lot of money involved.
Adding consignment items to your next charity auction is the easiest way to raise more money for your cause. By offering what people really want or dream about having, you’ll raise money like never before.