24 Killer Press Release Secrets
1. Your press release should sound like news, not an ad.
2. You should only send your press release to the media related to the topic of your press release.
3. Keep your press release one page in length.
4. Your header, contact information and release date should be at the top of your press release.
5. Use short sentences and double space your lines.
6. Your header and first few sentences should grab the readers attention.
7. You should tell a story and mention your business, product or service in the body of the press release.
8. Proofread your press release many times. Look for grammar and spelling mistakes.
9. Write a press release about the new products or services you’re offering on your web site.
10. Create a press release about the results of an online survey or poll you have completed.
11. Submit a press release about a trade show or seminar you’re hosting.
12. Write a press release about no cost chat room classes you are teaching.
13. Create a press release about your opening of a new web site.
14. Submit a press release about an online award your business or web site has won.
15. Write a press release about a free e-zine you’re publishing.
16. Create a press release about online products or services you’re giving away.
17. Submit a press release about an online business association or club you’re starting.
18. Write a press release about a famous person that’s endorsing your business.
19. Create a press release about a joint venture you are doing with another business.
20. Submit a press release about a new book or e-book you wrote.
21. Write a press release about an expert who is speaking in your chat room.
22. Create a press release about a fundraising event you’re doing at your web site.
23. Submit a press release about a new contest or sweepstakes you’re having at your site.
24. Write a press release about major sponsorships you’re doing online.
Easy Fundraisers – Three easy fund raisers for for any size group for maximum weekend profits.
Getting Started: Part 1 – The who, what, when, where, why, and how of a successful fundraiser.
Donor Recognition – How to use donor recognition to increase your capital campaign results.
Selecting the Right Fundraiser: Part 1 – Good advice to use on picking the right fundraiser for your group.
Successful Fundraisers – Boost results with organization, quality incentives, and sales preparation.
Organize School Fundraiser – Quick tips on organizing your school efforts by planning ahead.
Tried and True – These old standbys always produce good results for any-size group.
Fundraising Events – Portrait Photography, Rubber Duck Derby, Clean Comedians.
Church Fundraisers – Church fund-raising through donor recognition – Christian fundraiser charity activities.
Sample Letter – Sample school event donation letter where you can insert your specific information.
School Fundraisers – Easy fundraising ideas for schools that consistently produce excellent results. Includes articles on cheerleading, high school football, soccer, and band, plus more great youth sports team activities and events for other high school groups.
Thank You Letters – Seven tips on writing thank you letters, notes, or simple donor recognition phone calls.
Fundraising Letters – See what fund raising letters work for other non-profit groups.
Fundraising Letter – How to generate the best response with your donation request letters.
How To Write A Fundraising Letter – Advice and tips on what works and what doesn’t.
Nonprofit Software – Listings and descriptions of popular software programs for nonprofit groups. Donor tracking and recognition programs, nonprofit accounting, and capital campaign support.